Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Week 55, August 28, 2017

My first week in my new area has been pretty fun. The ward
members are pretty nice and really take care of us. The Bishop is a
funny guy too. The first time I met him he emphasized to me that the
missionaries only responsibility is to preach the gospel. The members
can do everything else. Then I got a call from his counselor and he
asked me to give a talk in sacrament meeting.
      Even though I spend hours each day talking to people about the
gospel I have a really hard time speaking in front of people.
Especially when you're talking nonstop for 15 minutes. Yea I can't do
that quite yet. My homecoming talk will be pretty interesting when I
come home and still can't talk in front of a group of people.
      We have some pretty fun people that we're teaching too. There's
this older guy named Lorenzo Carlos. His nephew referred him to us and
he's been taught for about two months now. We were able to take him on
a Temple trip this last week and he loved it. Like all people he has
some things holding him back from being baptized but, we've made plans
with him this week to be able to fix them. There's another family that
we're working with that have been inactive for a couple years and we
were able to get them to church for the first time yesterday. It's
just the Mom and her 3 sons. We have big primary program in the ward
but zero 12-18 year olds. One of her sons is 13 and it's really hard
to get fellowship for him. Hopefully we can figure things out for him
this week.
Ok so something crazy happened this week at church. There's
this family that the Elders before me had been working with, and they
have been able to get them coming back to church pretty regularly. The
two boys were baptized the Sunday before I came in. They've been doing
pretty good too until church ended on Sunday. As their family was
walking down the stairs one of the sons was playing around and ended
up tripping their dad (Christian) down the stairs. He was crying and
wailing, he was screaming at the top of his lungs. It was really
painful for him to move around so they called an ambulance to come and
pick him up. It kinda took a long time for the paramedics to come. It
might have been 20-30 minutes but he kept on crying as hard as he
could. It was pretty sad. We called them afterwards to see how they
were doing and his wife told us that the doctors said he sprained his
shoulder.  Agh Christian! I really hope he comes back next Sunday.
      Also we got a parking ticket. The first day we moved into our
new apartment too. That was great. There was a lot happier things that
happened this week I swear, I'm just having a hard time remembering
them. I've literally had a blast this last week, it's been so fun.
Also Lorenzo is having a good time in the picture. Don't let his
thugness fool you.


2 comments: