Monday, November 13, 2017

Week 65 November 6, 2017

I had a pretty eventful week last week. I had lots of fun as well as progress in our area. Last P-day I went to the driving range and had lots of fun there. I had the chance to go on two exchanges and on the first one I went with the Glendale YSA Elders and their Ward actually goes outside the Mission boundaries so I had the chance to go into downtown LA and Hollywood to teach some of their investigators. That was a pretty cool experience, and a chance to escape in a way out of the tiny mission boundaries. For the other exchange I went on I went back to my old area and I got to see Corey who was just baptized. He’s doing awesome.
     As for the work in our area things are looking better. There is this Mom and her two girls that want to come back to church. Jackie the Mom is pretty cool too. She’ll admit it and in her own words she “was a punk” and messed around too much when she was younger and she’s trying to straighten her life out now. She’s going back to school, coming back to church, and preparing for the army as well.
     Something else that happened this week was that we had interviews with our Mission President. During interviews the President’s wife, Sister Wells, had a big meeting with everyone else waiting to be interviewed. In the meeting she told us that in February every missionary will be getting a smart phone. That’s not the only crazy thing though. She said that if we were teaching anyone a lesson or a certain topic like tithing for example, and let’s say Grandma has an awesome story or testimony about tithing we could Skype or FaceTime Grandma into the lesson to teach with us. You all can be a missionary and help teach my Investigators!


No comments:

Post a Comment