Thursday, January 18, 2018

Week 74 January 8, 2018

This week was sad finding out that the Prophet had died. A member let us know the night it happen and we woke up in the morning and saw his text. I had a meeting that morning too and of course we sang, We thank thee, O God, for a Prophet.  While we sang that song though a part really stood out to me when we sang the the 4th verse and at the very end it said “While they who reject this glad message will never such happiness know”. That part really hit me and it made sense. Before being on my mission I had a different sense of what happiness was. I’m very thankful for going on a mission and to be sharing the Gospel with other people. 
    President Oaks came and spoke to our Mission. He really threw down and I learned a lot from what he had to say. He talked about the difference between what makes a good teacher from a bad teacher. Recently I’ve been studying PMG in the hopes to help me become a better teacher so I took notes like crazy when President Oaks spoke. He’s also a really funny guy. He roasted everyone.
     Also Elder Xu and I have been having a frustrating time recently. We're probably gonna start dropping a lot of people. I don’t have too much to say about them because there has been no progress.
Our district went to the driving range today for P-day and that was really fun. 
The camera guy also caught me trying to peak over the Sister missionaries so that I could see President Oaks when he walked in and he put it on Facebook.

Elder Madsen 🐡





No comments:

Post a Comment