Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Week 39 May 15, 2017

I had a pretty eventful week. I was able to call home on Mother's Day,
and have interviews with President for the last time before he gets
released. It was a little bit of a struggle to call home on Sunday. My
companion and I went to our church building, where I was able to call
home for Christmas, but the wifi wasn't working so we had to run up to
another church building. The wifi wasn't all that much better and we
practically called our family's in the same room at the same time but
it all worked out in the end. It was so nice to see my family and hear
about how they're doing. It was really nice to be able to talk to home.

This week I had a very humbling experience. My companion and I were
teaching a lesson and the lesson was going a little longer than I
expected, so I quickly set up a return appointment and gave our
investigator a commitment for us to follow up on next time
we see him. When we got into the car to drive to our next appointment
my companion began to tell me what I should be doing in lessons
instead oh what I just did. I was kinda upset that he was telling me what
to do. I brushed what he told me aside and tried not to get upset at my companion.
We went to institute where there are a couple of nonmembers taking
classes there and they were learning about the New Testament. When we
got there they were reading Hebrews 12:5-11. It talked about how the Lord
chastens who he loves. He does so because he loves the people and
wants them to be become better. I realized that what my companion had
told me earlier was only to make me a better missionary and that I
shouldn't take correction badly but in fact to seek out correction so
that I may become better.

I went on exchanges this week with Elder Collings. The people we were
teaching were pretty cool. They did get a little distracted in the
middle of our lesson over snap chat and we talked to them about it. We
ended up getting put on their snap chat story because of it.

Elder Madsen


No comments:

Post a Comment