Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Week 96 June 11, 2018

This week has been the climax of my mission. So many unexpected things have happened. All the excitement is probably gonna go down after this week. 
Ok to begin, Elder Straga and I have been putting together a day specialized for Members to bring their friends to church. All the talks at sacrament meeting and Sunday school lessons will be geared to the idea that Nonmembers will be there. Making them simple and basic, directed to the message of Jesus Christ and his Restored Gospel. It’ll be a good opportunity for the people the members will bring to get an understanding of what we believe, and more importantly for them to feel the spirit.
We’ve been visiting members these past couple of weeks telling them about this day coming up and getting them all excited about it. It was good for the work because everyone had people they wanted to bring, but also I made some pretty good relationships with the ward. I’ve had so much fun doing Missionary work this way. Instead of working the ward I’ve felt like I’m working with my friends. 
Along with this week, we set a baptismal with Jason. He moved here from San Diego and the first thing he wanted to do was meet with the Missionaries. His old boss made such an impact on his life by teaching him little pieces of the Gospel as they worked together, that he wanted become a member. He’s even having his old boss come up from San Diego to baptize him. Such a cool member missionary experience to witness. 
On top of that, a member from one of my old areas called me up this week. She told us about her daughter and her husband. She said they were looking to get closer to God and have been church hopping recently. We got in contact with them and set up a time to go over and teach them. Everything just fell into place at the lesson. They’re so ready for the Gospel. They want to come closer to God and they’re willing to act. Great, even more people for our teaching pool, its really getting full of prepared people.
We’ve also been teaching the Dowdle Family my four months of me being in this area. I’ve seen how Brother Dowdle is really ready to come back to church. He helps us teach his family and everything. He wants it so bad I can tell. They’re also huge Dodger fans. Mormon night at the Dodger stadium happened this Saturday and we were allowed to go if we took a family. We decided to pick them because we knew they’d love it. We asked them weeks ago. Right before the game though we got transfer calls. Elder Straga and I are getting transferred out. It was a fun game but I couldn’t tell the Dowdle family. I’m planning on going over tonight to say goodbye. 
Tough luck huh?
Elder Madsen 🐡




No comments:

Post a Comment