Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Week 89 April 23, 2018

It’s been a great week. Today has been really busy though and right
now is the only time I have to write. My companion went and got his
patriarchal blessing today. A member had to come  and pick us up real
early to get in another Stake to have a Chinese patriarch to give the
blessing. After that we went shopping and got our hair cut. Right now
I’m just getting back from a Zone activity and I have to prepare for a
lesson I have at 4:30. Then we have dinner with some members at 5:30.  It’s
kinda busy but I like it that way. I don’t want to sit around and
waste my time with nothing to do.

Oh yea it was my Birthday. It was great and thank you for sending
packages and letters, I really appreciate it. It was kinda just
another day for me. Most birthdays I have a countdown going off in my
head as soon as it’s April and I start countdown until my birthday. It
didn’t really happen this time. It’s kinda hard to believe I’m 20. 
I expected to feel different but I really don’t.

We’ve had a couple cool experiences this past week. Our neighbor
walked into church today. That was pretty cool. She’s actually in our
Areabook and we tried to find her before. It didn’t work out though
because her address the missionaries wrote down was wrong. I’ll have
to read through the AreaBook and figure out why the missionaries stopped
meeting with her. She’s really interested in learning. I’ll be able to
tell you more about her the next week after we teach her some more.

This is also my companion’s last week in America, so I made him some
French toast one day and then crepes on another day. He’s from China
and American  food is too sugary and sweet for him. Both require syrup
and he refuses to eat it with both. I don’t think he really liked
them. He didn’t get the full effect. Although he did eat his crepes
with BBQ sauce. He say it tasted good.

Elder Madsen 🐡

No comments:

Post a Comment