Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 76 January 23, 2018

Man this week was great! Shana our investigator got baptized this weekend. David her husband baptized her too! I love David and Shana, they're so cool, I’ve never had a closer relationship with any of my investigators than I have with them. It was the high light of my mission. 
I also had to give a talk on Sunday, that part wasn’t so fun. Even though I talk with people everyday 24/7, I still get crazy nervous giving talks at church. When I spoke on Sunday I said the same thing over and over again and all the words I said shot out of my mouth super quickly. Man it was not good.  I hope I get better at giving talks in church before I come home. 
      Speaking in church wasn’t totally a negative experience though. I used my talk on Sunday to invite everyone we’re working with to come and watch me. We got a couple people to come that haven’t been in awhile and that was really awesome to see. The people I really wanted to come though were Joanna and Nathan’s family. We’ve been working with them for two months and they’ve been progressing really well. They’ve been keeping all their commitments except for attending church. This week was kinda make it or break it for them. Elder Xu and I decided that if they didn’t come this week we would have to move on for more people to teach. Church started and Joanna and Nathan were nowhere to be found. Right before I stood up to give my talk I saw Joanna’s daughter, Adilene walk into the chapel. Joanna and her family came in late but they came! 
     I’m also moving out of Boyle heights. My apartment will still not be in my area but it’ll be closer to my area than before! I’ll be moving apartments most of the day so I’ll probably not be able to talk. I sent this email at the mission office when I went to pick up the truck. 

Elder Madsen 🐡

No comments:

Post a Comment